Ads

Sunday, January 04, 2009

I've fallen for Lenka


I was doing my usual blog hopping till I reach to Baity's blog post about Lenka. It's a song called "Trouble Is A Friend". Well, guess what? I'm addicted! I went to check out all the songs from the self titled album which was out last year and I love all the songs. I mean yes ALL of it!

I'm all screwed, I'll take days or maybe weeks or months (no it won't reach years), of repeating songs on players and singing.

So here's one of the vids, more vids available on youtube.



So I did my research on Wiki of course.

Lenka (born Lenka Kripac in 1978) is an Australian television actress turned ensemble musician with Decoder Ring, turned solo singer-songwriter, most famous worldwide for her song "The Show", which has been used in numerous advertisements, most notably for Old Navy.

Her vocal stylings offer a juxtaposition of catchy pop and layered, complicated world music influences. This juxtaposing is of late current in the popular music, spreading through the internet. Similar layering exists in the music of the anti-folk Russian-born New York City-based musician Regina Spektor, or the French/Israeli/Tunesian tri-language singer-songwriter Yael Naim, or the eclectic Italian violinist/mandolinist Alessandro Monti. Lenka's eponymous album is the latest salvo in this ongoing process.[citation needed]

She was previously best known as the third host of a long-running childrens' breakfast cartoon program Cheez TV in Australia, and has appeared in numerous Australian television serials.

Lenka's official site, here.

Thanks again baity. It's a de-stressing moment for me.

6 comments:

  1. Nice song massy.. I like it too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Ika, yeap yeap XD thanks to baity really XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. really that good ek??

    i wanna try!!! hehehe..

    nways... epi new year my fren!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey jard u're back! XD anyways yeah, it's that gewd. Well gewd for my ears. Happy new year to u too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. heheheh, no problem! wah! u are more addicted than i am, lol! =) u put her picture some more, hahaha =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. baity: i'm screwed. anyways, it was a bit hard to find her photos on the net @_@

    ReplyDelete